December 16, 2020

The World's Tallest Glass Tree- glass blower Jason Mack

So, there is something interesting happening just down the street from me. Glass blower Jason Mack is in the process of installing the world's tallest glass christmas tree. I walked down to the installation site to take some progress pictures. To see more of the process you should visit Jason's instagram, facebook and website. He's very talented.


The tree is turning on some sort of rotation device. Behind the lift is a furnace to melt the recycled glass Jason is using to make the tree.

I had to tilt the frame to get the very top where the glass had not been applied to.

 

I also took a close up of the glass threads that are being wrapped around the tree's armature.


I can't wait to see the final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment